Tradeo – Copy the most profitable forex experts
Launched in 2012, Tradeo is an open social trading network for Forex traders from all over the world. Their main purpose is to allow individual traders to collaborate with each other, discuss ideas and automatically copy other successful traders.
While initially anyone with an MT4 or ACT compatible broker account (in total over 50 global brokers were supported) was able to connect, in May 2014 Tradeo launched their new platform and announced that they will now be a Forex broker as well. Since then they no longer support external brokers and their service is now fully integrated. In terms of brokerage, Tradeo is an STP broker which means they transmit your trade to the liquidity providers through a fully automated, non-dealing desk intervention system. I.e. they do not benefit from your losses.
It’s totally free to join the Tradeo network and use their platform. If you don’t want to open a live trading account yet, Tradeo allows you to open and connect a demo account. Their brokerage service offers a choice of 170 FX and CFD instruments, with 1:200 leverage.
Once connected, you can use Tradeo’s platform in 2 ways (or a combination of both):
- Trade yourself in a social way using their “Social WebTrader” interface.
- Copy trades from other traders.
Tradeo Social WebTrader
Social WebTrader was launched in December 2012. It is a complete web based trading platform with fully integrated social network features. Where on most trading platforms users have to switch between the social information screens and the trade execution screens, Tradeo’s Social WebTrader is one of the first platforms to fully integrate both ‘social’ & ‘trade execution’ within the same visual interface.
The key features (all accessible from the same screen) of SocialTrader are:
- Real-time price streaming based on each user’s connected trading account.
- Full trade execution & management capabilities including one-click open and one-click close for multiple positions.
- Real-time charting of any chosen instrument. In addition to the normal chart features (e.g. drawing Fibonacci lines or changing timeframes) SocialTrader also adds “Social Charting” features to the charts:
- Layers the positions and orders of other users onto the chart real-time
- Enables collaborating on a trade by clicking on the position on the chart
- Allows trade execution directly from the chart
- Social Feed with broadcasts and signals posted by other traders from the Tradeo community.
- Trading Feed with details about trades of people you follow and your copied positions.
- News Feed with the latest major news events from around the world.
- Chat Functionality to discuss the market privately with other connected traders.
Tradeo allows users to find, follow and automatically copy other traders on their social trading network. Traders can be filtered using a variety of parameters, such as experience, trading style, average trade duration, drawdown, real/demo account or average leverage. They can also be sorted by historic gains, number of followers and number of copiers. For each trader some additional information such as a historic profit graph are provided. From these Tradeo Trader screens a user can choose to follow or automatically copy another trader. Copying can be done standard or dynamic, and some risk management can be done be adding a loss limit.
Any user connected to Tradeo’s social trading network can choose whether to share their trades or not. There’s no commission paid for sharing trades, but traders who join have full free access to the SocialTrader trading platform. The platform is available in 8 languages, adding to its global appeal, and in February 2014 Tradeo had about 850 connected users (we found no more recent official data but the amount looks significantly more now, > 20,000).
How to start?
Register here. Then make a deposit and start copying a profitable traders! Have a questions? Drop a comment below.